How to Make Your Own Vegan Chapstick or Lip Balm: Fast, Easy, & Cruelty-Free
i’ve made my own chapstick for quite some time now. today i share with you how to make your very own in this quick tutorial, with ooby the bulldog as my most helpful assistant!
it’s really simple and takes only 3 ingredients, though you can choose to add any essential oil(s) for your desired scent.
here are the instructions:
2 Tablespoons candelilla wax(about 1 oz)
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
2 Tablespoons shea butter
*optional: any essential oil(s) for scent
12 lip balm containers (or more/less, just edit the recipe)
glass medicinal dropper
Pot w/double boiler OR
Metal or glass bowl (if no double boiler)
1. Get your water boiling then place wax in the top of the double boiler or your makeshift bowl over the boiling water.
2. Once was is FULLY melted, add in coconut oil and shea butter and stir now and then until all ingredients are melted.
3. (Optional) If desired, add a few drops essential oil if desired. (I personally love the natural smell)
3. Using a small medicinal dropper, transfer the liquid into the lip balm containers. Add a few extra drops to the top after filling each container as the ingredients will shrink as they cool.
3. Cool completely to harden. Cover with cap and decorate or label as desired!
★The Vegan Nugget Playlist!
Terms/topics: vegan cosmetics, vegan chapstick, vegan lip balm, make your own vegan chapstick, make your own vegan lip balm, how to tutorial